British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Crown Jules

Italian coins to identify

I acquired these Italian coins around 30 years ago. Can someone help identify them, or let me know whether they are worth anything.

The first one is 5 lira. But has no date?

post-8894-0-58875500-1447086455_thumb.jp

post-8894-0-13716600-1447086957_thumb.jp

I acquired these Italian coins around 30 years ago. Can someone help identify them, or let me know whether they are worth anything.

The first one is 5 lira. But has no date?

photos are not your best :)

it is a 5 lire as you know , the date is on the left of the eagle and it looks 1927 ( can you confirm ? ) so a common coins . here a link where you can find all information about this coin

http://numismatica-italiana.lamoneta.it/moneta/W-VE3/32

Is this a Papal coin? If so, is there much interest (Got quite a few of these)

this is not a coin , it's a medal of pope PIVS XII .... I think it an unofficial medal maybe a private issue

yes probably sold in the vatican to those guliable tourists for a fortune - I went there a couple of years ago and the rubish they try and flog you is amazing - plastic pope anyone?

yes probably sold in the vatican to those guliable tourists for a fortune - I went there a couple of years ago and the rubish they try and flog you is amazing - plastic pope anyone?

and I think the situation will be even worse next year for the jubilee ...

everything in the Vatican costs a fortune

coin set costs make royal mint look like Neto

I have to profess ignorance, sorry!

What Jubilee is that Matteo?

What is Neto Scott?

Thanks Matteo. I've no idea of their weight (I will need to invest in some scales). All I know is that one of my relatives got them from the Bank of Naples where he worked. I have others similar. Unfortunately they have been stored in PVC pouches in the attic...

I have to profess ignorance, sorry!

What Jubilee is that Matteo?

I mean this :

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jubilee_(Christianity) next is going to be in 2016 .... Can you imagine how many people will visit Rome ? Of course will increase also the number of turist gadgets seller ( medals included ) ...

Right, thanks, I had absolutely no idea!