British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
TomGoodheart

Tough Mudder

Anyone done one? Or even just trained for it?

... just curious, that's all ..

My daughter and her husband have done it the last couple of years .

To much hard work for me now ,maybe a few years ago :)

Do you know if they just downloaded a training schedule or if there were organised meets to help prepare?

Daughter seems to have registered and I'm a wee bit concerned that an asthmatic and a 59 year old might have to do a bit more than most of the other entrants to get ready...

Not sure and my daughter at work will ask her later.

Just remember you dont know what the weather will be like a couple of months ago when they did it was throwing it down in the morning .

If you cant do an obstacle though you can just bypass it,lots of support from other entrants and well organised.

Cheers!

Just spoke to her.

Its not a race you can walk round if you want .

If you cant manage an obstacle you can miss it out,think its more to do with getting enjoyment out of the day.

Obviously as anything a lot take it seriously but there is no pressure just lots of laughing and encouragement.

Sure you will have a good day.

Pete.

• Like 1

Cool!

Thanks Pete.

I've not done Tough Mudder but many of my friends have and, as PWA says, it's more about the taking part with these events - something you'll look back on fondly but probably be in pain during. I used to run competitively and have done ultramarathons so am used to training schedules for these sorts of things. Let me know if you have any questions but I'm sure you'll be fine!

Think of it as a hard cross country run combined with an army assault course and you're in the right area. Having done both of these in the past (passed the Army regular commissions board as a teenager, but chose not to join up) I would reckon on it being a lot of fun.

But hard work. If you can run 10 miles and do 50 press-ups then you'll be fine.

If you can run 10 miles and do 50 press-ups then you'll be fine.

Oh dear. :P I can run for 5 minutes and do 10 some press-ups! But I do have almost a year to prepare!

Daughter and I will have to work out a training schedule I think. I'm less worried about the distance .. we can always walk as it's not a race, than building up my upper body strength to get over obstacles. The electric shocks, water drops and so on I aim to just blunder through determinedly. But getting stuck because I can't heave myself over (or crawl under) a wall would be a bit depressing!

Good luck Richard -

I thought you were referring to your daughter when you said "an asthmatic 59 year old" which would make you rather older than you are! :)

Good luck Richard -

I thought you were referring to your daughter when you said "an asthmatic 59 year old" which would make you rather older than you are! :)

LOL No, it's OK Debbie. She's the asthmatic. A mere sprigling at 21. Me, I'm ..er, the other one! :lol: