British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Sylvester

Oli...

How far along is the maundy stuff coming along for the EM catalogue?

What you got so far, anything, nothing?

Which bits do you need help on? I hjave managed to get alot of the other stuff further along and i think i'm in a position to give you a helping hand here with the listings but i need to know what you've got so that i don't end up doing something twice which would be a waste of time.

I haven't done any yet, as the Maundy sets in Coincraft on go back as far as George IV. Prior to this, prices are only listed for single coins. I am waiting until I buy Spinks so I can do it.

Make it your own work Oli, not Spinks! It has to be more accurate, so just refer to Spink for the odd info snippet.

Make it your own work Oli, not Spinks! It has to be more accurate, so just refer to Spink for the odd info snippet.

How's my stuff so far Chris, is i 'my own'? :D

I'll get cracking on the Maundy for Oli then doing the lists for him... I don't mind doing those. :D

do i have to get info for farthings and halfpennies?...if so, how shall i lay it out?

do i have to get info for farthings and halfpennies?...if so, how shall i lay it out?

I'll write that JMD.

I'll write that JMD.

Thats good :)

Make it your own work Oli, not Spinks!

The info I am planning to be written by myself, but for the years in which maundy money was minted, I need a reference source!

Make it your own work Oli, not Spinks!

The info I am planning to be written by myself, but for the years in which maundy money was minted, I need a reference source!

I'ver used Coincraft as the reference source for the price listings. There's no way i could remember all those from the top of my head and you'd have to use some reference for them.

I've done the fourpences, the threepences are half done for you.

The info, intro stuff i write myself, just like Oli is doing. I find one quick way of getting an intro without cribbing off of anyone is to just look at the coins, explain the appearance, whether it was struck regularly or irregularly, compare the regularity to the other denominations, if there is anything to note of special interest you'll see it.

That way it'll be a totally original intro and not one pinched from another catalogue. :D

How can i get a Coincraft magazine or book, whatever it is? (website?)

Edited by Master Jmd

eBay

How can i get a Coincraft magazine or book, whatever it is? (website?)

It's a book and it's a big A4 book... and it's, amazing?

It certainly good for info...

How many pages does it have on milled farthings Oli?

Lemme see....

It has ten pages - these are big A4 pages.

Lemme see....

It has ten pages - these are big A4 pages.

Ten pages JMD!!! Ten... are they speaking to you?

For hammered copper farthings there's at least another 3 A4 pages.

Ten doesn't sound that much, but they're crammed with info. I'd recommend buying a copy - you might as well, they don't have any intention of publishing another soon.

Hopefully ours will slide itself into the EM market and kinda phase out the competition. :D

-----

When do the prices have to be 'handed in'?

:)

-----

When do the prices have to be 'handed in'?

:)

Due to other uni commitment the book is on hold till the summer holidays, but if you have the prices done, i'll happily take them now.

If you feel like researching any others then i have the templates. I just don't have the time, alas... :(

I haven't finished them yet. I have most of the farthings priced, and the halfpenny prices are starting to come together. :)

Whilst we are on the subject of CEMCGB, does anyone know the prices of 1672 A/B and 1673 O/O?

I have looked in spink for an idea, but the first is not listed and the second jsut says 'extremely rare'...:)

Coincraft state;

1672 A/B - £15 (VG), £45 (F), £150 (VF), £750 (EF)

1673 O/O - £15 (VG), £50 (F), £150 (VF), £900 (EF)

Salt, pinch thereof... cos Coincraft is now 5 years old.