British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Really terrible news, Peter. I don't drop in to the forum that much but to be greeted with your awful news has shocked me. Feeling for you ,mate. My condolences to you and your family.

Well that puts all our lives' little humps and bumps into perspective, Peter - such very very sad news. :(

So very sorry to hear that.

Condolences to you and your family

Regards

Kris

That's choked me up Peter. We heard so much about Mrs Peter over the years. Really sorry to hear that :(

So sorry to hear of your loss, Peter. My sincere condolences.

So very sad to hear this, Mrs. Peter was an honorary member of these pages.

• Like 1

Don't even know what to say - that you shared with us was quite a step & imagine you are still in shock. Sending you the very best from this side of the Atlantic Pond.

Stay strong and hope it sorts out for you .

Best,

Eric

It is exactly 1 week since I heard the news. :(

I'm now going to bed with a nice large sleeping pill.

Solicitors,undertakers involved but......crap like how do you want the flowers,order of service pisses me off.

I just don't want this...maybe some do.

Not been on here much laterly so I only just come across this, Oh shit I'm sorry to hear this.

Apologies for the delayed condolences, but I've only just noticed this thread below the bottom of my screen. That's really awful news and very depressing for you and your family. I really am very sorry to hear your news. For me it comes at a time when two other people I know have died at quite a young age, and so this third is deeply troubling. I keep looking over my shoulder and wondering...... Anyway, keep going. I'm sure we are all thinking of you.

Apologies for my delayed condolences also. I am so shocked to read this and am very sorry for your loss.

Not much I can say Peter. It's your loss and your pain, nobody else can ease that burden for you. If you want somebody to talk to my number is easy to find on the web.

John.

My thoughts are with you and your daughters, Peter.

Just the latest.

Mrs Peter will be cremated next Tuesday 27th so I will be burning mid night oil for a while.

All plans set up but all our investments were in her name but my mother is railroading me until the solicitors start working.

It doesn't help but the daughters have just got their cars....mega expense

Please everyone love people around you and take nothing for granted.

She never came around so we never said good bye.

My poem to her which will appear on a montage of photographs my daughters are doing.

I'm missing you my darling Alison.

I cry openly every day.

I still dream you are here and that you haven't gone away.

My heart is broken unable to amend.

You were my wife,soul mate and my best friend.

You never said you were leaving.

We never said goodbye.

I stayed up all night and at 5:am the hospital called me and made me cry.

In life I loved you dearly in death I love you still.

In my heart you have a place that no one could ever fill.

It has broken my heart to lose you but you didn't go alone,for part of me went with you.

You will never be alone.

XXXX Peter to Mrs Peter

Apologies Gents/Ladies :mellow:

• Like 2

That's beautiful Peter. Made my eyes leak a bit too...

Me too, Stay strong Peter

I'm in floods on the 2nd week of bedlam.

I will get my eldest to try to put some pictures up.

OK it should maybe not on a coin forum but I feel I have many separate friends.

Now my daughter's understands how we as a bunch ain't sad fuckers are really 24/7 friends.

What saddens me is my wife was known as SUPERMAN SIMPSON by the youngest at the school so I bought her Superman T shirts.

Walking around Town earlier today I had kids running up to me and my daughter's crying...she obviously was more than I knew. but not un supprised.

A very touching tribute to Mrs. Peter. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Mrs Peter spoke to the late great Colin Cooke and Colin helped to source a PECK Edition which was waiting for for me after being away on an a 2 week away on business.

You can't buy love and I know she was the best.

Our local Reverend was a firm friend of Mrs Peter ...Mrs Peter ran the hand bells for the youngsters at the school and had enhanced church services.

Where ever she went she was surrounded by the nippers. :)

Lovely tribute, Peter, you're a great man! Stay safe out there, m'friend! I for one would love to see some pictures of Mrs Peter on this thread. You can never have too much of a good thing on a coin forum!

Behind every great man lies an even better woman, I have no doubt she was the Rock of the family. It's nice that you deem us worthy enough to share this turbulent time in your life, God bless Peter, I'm sure she'll be forever watching over you and the family.

• Like 2

Nice tribute Peter.

Be nice to see some pictures.

I've never met any of you, but a group of friends; indeed we are.

Garrett.

Hi Gents/Ladies

Cremation has happened and my mates / Mrs Peter friends didn't let me down.

I'm at home emotionally and physically drained.

I pity some of the Bury St eds pubs as a quiet wake at one of our village pubs was getting boozy and the majority were going into Bury.

Before she started telesales from home. She was a dinner supervisor and teachers assistant at the village primary school.

We got some beautiful cards from some of the kids,they referred to her as Superwoman Simpson.

She would peel kids oranges and apples and walk around the playground holding some of the kids hands.

She also dragged my 2 daughters to the school at 7am so working parents/single parents could drop off their kids and go to work.

The Head Mistress told me she never got paid for this but Alison always thought outside of the box and saw the bigger picture.

I surely will miss her.

We still get a Terry's chocolate orange left on our door step at Xmas.

My fondest regards to you Forum friends

Peter Simpson

Edited by Peter
  • Like 1