British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Geordie582

Dual computers

:angry: I've been trying for about an hour to set up my lap top to be able to log on from remote locations.(I'm having a weekend away). It doesn't recognise my id or passwoed and has me re-registering! Without success may I add.

It gave me a new ID and validation key (3 times) and promptly said the ID does not exist!!! Are you having trouble or am I thick??

I would have thought the forum software might have a problem if you wanted both computers to keep you logged on (because each would have a different IP address). There should be no problem for you to log on on the laptop using your user name and password.

Are you sure you know what your password is? You should be able to get the laptop to 'remember' it, if it's set up that way.

If all goes pear shaped I can give your user ID a new password and then email it to you. I am unable to read what your current password is.

I've been given new passwords but they don't work. I'll just have to go 'off line' for the period I'm away! :(

Chris, I'm going to Texas for 6 weeks next year. I suppose I'll be able to join the Forum as a guest from there - on someone-else's computer??

Geordie,

I have your email address for your order recently. Shall I reset your password and then tell you what it is? That way you should be able to log on anywhere (if you can remember them!)

:lol: That'll be great. My PC has no problem though. Will it change too?