British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Nutsaboutcoins

Clubs and societies

In the wilderness of West Cumbria there are no clubs ( as far as I know) but so are dealers or shops to cater for my taste! So the forum and internet are my mainstay!!

Same here Geordie.

I do like fairs though.

If working from home I can happily listen an online auction. :rolleyes:

I had my first visit today to the Tyneside NS and was pleasantly suprised. The members were a friendly bunch with a wide variety of interests. It was nice to be able to talk to someone face to face and also talk about things that I was interested in without the old "he's off again" type attitude. I think from my first experience I will definately being going back and have already paid my membership fee's. The auction at the end of the meeting was interesting and worthwhile, only wish I had taken some money with me, although the wife wouldn't have been overly pleased.

I think there is definately a place for both the online and offline groups as it is also great to be able to put a face to the person you are getting to know. I have had the chance to talk to and get to know a number of members on here so far and would go so far to say i would call them friends. I hope that will be the same with the Tyneside NS, which I am sure it will. Lots of great characters and like many on here loads of knowledge from many years of collecting.

Thanks to Nutsaboutcoins for introducing me to the group.

• Like 3

I had my first visit today to the Tyneside NS and was pleasantly suprised. The members were a friendly bunch with a wide variety of interests. It was nice to be able to talk to someone face to face and also talk about things that I was interested in without the old "he's off again" type attitude. I think from my first experience I will definately being going back and have already paid my membership fee's. The auction at the end of the meeting was interesting and worthwhile, only wish I had taken some money with me, although the wife wouldn't have been overly pleased.

I think there is definately a place for both the online and offline groups as it is also great to be able to put a face to the person you are getting to know. I have had the chance to talk to and get to know a number of members on here so far and would go so far to say i would call them friends. I hope that will be the same with the Tyneside NS, which I am sure it will. Lots of great characters and like many on here loads of knowledge from many years of collecting.

Thanks to Nutsaboutcoins for introducing me to the group.

I'm really glad you enjoyed your evening and hope to see you back as often as you can make it.

You will have to ask the wife for more pocket money, those prints might just make an appearance next month too ;)

Ian..

No, the South Manchester. Reading is Derek's stomping ground.

Which Derek i would like to connect and possibly visit Reading Club?

No, the South Manchester. Reading is Derek's stomping ground.

Which Derek i would like to connect and possibly visit Reading Club?

Red Riley on here

We stopped having auctions because the collecting habits of members were simply too diverse, with only a couple people collecting similar pieces, i.e. there was virtually no competitive bidding which rendered an auction meaningless.

Hi Rob, so will the next meeting be 2 November? We're quite new in Manchester so not too familiar with Heaton Moor but living just over the other side of the A34 it shouldn't be too hard to find. What's next months topic (sorry if I've missed that somewhere on here)?

Next meeting is this coming Monday. We are having a bit of fun with a version of 'Call My Bluff'. Starts at 8:15 upstairs in the Nursery Inn on Green Lane.