British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

bhx7

1902 LT Halfpenny in basic condition

Hi All

I am looking for a 1902 LT half penny in just a basic condition. Nothing fancy just to say i have one. Fine or near condition would be great as long as it has a nice toning and colour.

My budget just doesn't stretch to EF+(to be honest my budget doesn't stretch far at all :unsure: ) and these seem to be the only condition I can find them in. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks All

Brian

But basic condition is UNC and as struck i.e. as it was made. Everything else such as wear involves work done and hence added(?) value. This can't be right? :huh:

Sorry should have said average worn condition!!!! Fine or near Fine would be OK.

For Fine or NF coins, just keep an eye on ebay and one will surface soon enough

Thanks Nordle11, will keep an eye out. Any idea what Fine or VF would set me back. Cheers Brian

Apparently between £18 - 80 (Source) but always take any price guide with a pinch of salt. I think he gets his figures from Coin News, if that helps..

Thanks, totally appreciate it. Forgot all about those pages!!

Your a Star.

Cheers

Brian

could be £2-£3 if you keep a sharp eye on the 'bay. Not quite as many people scanning over the fine grade material so you should/could get a steal! Please come and brag about it on here once you get it, won't you? :)

I've got one somewhere. I replaced it with one in about UNC a few months back. It's certainly in pretty worn condition - say NF. If you are interested, I'll see if I can find it in my shoe box of swaps/duplicates. If you ike I could PM you photos, although I won't be able to take the pics until tomorrow.

• Like 1

Dave that would be brilliant. Thanks